Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The beginning of the end!

I can see the light at the end of this very long tunnel.

I am excited without a doubt that I will be a college graduate very soon! I cannot believe that I was able to overcome the many obstacles that have come my way. This journey for the last four years has not been easy. I started college wanting to get a degree in Social work and soon through a series of events changed my major to sociology.

My family was still foster parents and we met sweet Anthony, in no way would I ever take that back, but it was hard staying in school while my brother was sick. So many times I would cry because it was to hard to balance family life and school life, but I knew that Anthony nor my parents would not want me to quit school, so I toughed it out.

I took a summer quarter to catch up on my credits and added on a few extra classes to catch up. I dropped the one class I wanted to take, Dinosaurs, but it was not as interesting as I thought it would be. I would of been done this quarter but I dropped my summer classes from last summer because Anthony was so sick in the PICU and we didn't know what was going to happen and I was taking statistics a class that I need for graduation. Little did I know that last summer was a gift from God, to be able to spend time with my brother last summer is time that I will never forget and forever be thankful for. Summer 2010 is a time in my life that is very sacred and I tear up just thinking about it.

September 29th was the first day of my senior year but it was also the day that sweet Anthony passed away. I had a day to rest then I started in full swing. soon God began to work in my life and moved the mountains to allow for my to go to Graduate school. I applied and knew that if God wanted me to go that I would, so I did. 7 days after applying I was accepted to Northwest University. I applied to graduate spring quarter. Winter quarter began and I took the dreaded Statistics, it was a rough and LOOOONG quarter of trying to make it, somehow in the end I passed my stats class and a huge relief and realization that I am actually going to graduate set in yesterday.

So much of my educational career has been centered around Anthony. I wish he was here so that I could give him a hug and thank him for keeping me going and showing me to be strong, even when I wanted to quit school.I know that he will be watching from heaven and have the best view out of anyone there!

I can't wait to walk across that stage! and receive my diploma from the UW and begin Graduate school only three months later...Some may call me crazy but I have a little brother who is watching over me and who showed me a courage and strength like no other. I want to honor Anthony and remember him and I know by living life and allowing God to lead that way I am doing that. I had no plans of going to grad school right away, but for some reason God had other plans, for me to attend this amazing school for the next two years!

No comments: