Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fire Proof



Honestly Fire proof was one of the best movies that I have EVER watched.. the power, message, and overall movie... I can see the power and purpose that God has for that movie.. my favorite part is the salvation scene where the main guy accepts Christ, every time I get CHILLS throughout my body.. it is incredible.. When I watched it, I was wondering why am I a single women watching this movie? why is it so important to watch this movie? it took me awhile to realize the power of watching and thinking about the concept of having a fireproof marriage, but also looking outside of the spectrum of marriage but how to fireproof your life, how to make a solid relationship in Christ.. one that cannot be shakin....

Today I attended a 20Th wedding renewal..and it was beautiful to see the couple and their love for each other.. so see their marriage fireproofed...strong, solid and loving the kind of kings..it was simply amazing!! to see the commitment between to couple... being married for 20 years today's is looked upon as impossible but it is not..it takes A LOT but it can happen...

even that I have not found my future Husband, If I have I just don't know it....but to be able to be committed to one person, to honor and to cherish that person in good times and in bad.. WOW... words are simple..but actions are not.. it takes a lot to remain fully committed..but God ordained marriage as commitment to not only Jesus that you will remain together for LIFE..but to God that as a couple look to the king of kings and lord of lords to lead and guide the married couple in their walk in life.. WOW... WOW..marriage is deep.. marriage is powerful..and to see people so in love after 20 years brought tears to my eyes...

I think of my parent who have been married for 21 year... and the walk that as a family we have gone through. it is not all glorious... there were many DEEP DEEP valleys.. times when who knows what was going to happen to their marriage.. but God can do miracles.. it is amazing that with each year my parents get older and they are married another year... how God continues to bless and provide for them.. to see that even though their were valleys, in the past they can still climb a mount an..and love each other just the same if not more.. as the day they were married...

marriage is powerful.. it can also be related in the walk we have with Jesus, the commitment, honor, Denying yourself before Christ, being willing to walk a life of faith, being persecuted because of your faith.. ETC.

After the ceremony I went up to one of the women and I said "I am so happy for them but it makes me sad to see them so in love and not have that someone..you know this is the 5th Wedding that I have known of in the past month..." she said something wise "I makes be sad but it makes me look forward to the times when I do get married to be able to honor and love that other person... in the same way that they do"... it is so true..

Waiting for that person is hard.. and it doesnt get any easier.. My roomate in college told me that when she turned 20 it got worst that wanting and feeling of kinding that special somebody.. and she was RIGHT.. so here I am waiting but serving God while I am waiting for that somebody.. waiting to get married.. waiting for the unknown..but I cant constantly wait.. I need to serve and please God with all that I have and all that I am.. I think that as I wait God will continue to guide me and lead me to the person I am supposed to be with, in good times and bad times..

According to my dad all I need to do is go to a christian book store and pinch someones Butt... and walalala... just kidding.. well it worked for my mom.. why not me?? haha...

No comments: